Busy! Busy!

Friday, January 20, 2006

That pretty much describes things around the McCain household lately. I started classes this week, and as it turns out, I'm taking two more classes this semester than I originally planned. The original plan of study for the MPH program had us only taking the internship classes this semester, but it had to be reworked. I'm now taking 6 more credits in addition to the three for the internship. Plus I have about 35 hours a week I'm in working in rotations. Fortunately, my extra classes are web-based so that should make things at least a little easier. And of course Mike is just as busy as ever working hard on getting things ready for the store to open. I was explaining all of this to the pastor's wife last week at church and she said with all that I had going on, plus Mike opening the store, plus us being still somewhat newlyweds I needed to come over and spend some time in their hot tub! :) Sounds good to me!

Unfortunately, I have been sick this week. I've had a cold that's been hanging on since right before Christmas (those of you who saw me know how gross I was at Christmas!!) which has gotten worse again this week. The doctor I saw yesterday said she thinks it's a sinus infection so she gave me antibiotics. You can all pray for my health if you think about it- I'd very much appreciate it!!
The plus side of being sick is that I realize I have the best husband in the world. Mike has just been so gracious and wonderful this week. He made me dinner last night and has been cleaning and taking care of me and just doing all sorts of nice things for me. Plus he has such a great sense of humor that he keeps me smiling even when I'm not feeling so great. I'm so blessed!

In other news....
I got three different gift certificates to Barnes and Noble for Christmas so last week I used one to buy a book called Green Clean. It's full of ways to clean your home using non-toxic, environmentally friendly cleaners. Plus it has lots of recipes to make your own homeade cleaning products from things like baking soda, vinegar, and borax--I had lots of fun mixing up some new recipes last weekend and they actually work really well! I like being able to use stuff that is totally non-toxic and I don't have to worry about it giving me cancer. I've never liked spraying stuff to clean my shower and having to hold my breath because of the fumes. Another great thing about Mike is that he doesn't think I'm a crazy hippy, even when I asked that we get rid of all our old cleaning supplies! What a guy!!
Along with all this green cleaning stuff, I have been trying to become better at housekeeping in general, and I must say, I'm definitely improving. I printed up a checklist to use that has daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning tasks to make sure I remember to do everything. It's actually been pretty fun. I'm sure my mom and my grandma thought I was hopeless as far as housekeeping goes, but I may still prove them wrong!! :)

Almost forgot to mention...Mike met with the computer guys this week at Cramer IT to discuss his website. Look for it to be up and running in the near future!! www.capannacoffee.com

Anyways, I think that's all the updates for this week. Adios!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP