Thursday, February 16, 2006

Things are really picking up with Capanna Coffee. Mike now has final floor plans and a lease in the final negotiations. Everything is pretty much full steam ahead- it's very exciting! We're hoping for an opening date of somewhere around April 15. Mike and I somehow picked up the tradition of taking time to do what we call "The Hamster Dance" everytime we get some good news about the business. I'll spare you any pictures on that one, but I'm sure it's a funny sight to see. Mike was able to go over to Omaha to visit a Gelateria there that is using the same equipment and product that Capanna will be using to make it's gelato. He took his mom, Marge, with him and they had a great time with Jo learning how to make and decorate gelato. Here's a little preview to whet your appetite:






I also thought I would share a picture of the flowers and chocolate that Mike got me for Valentine's Day. This week has been very busy for us and with me working all day on V-day and Mike working the evening on V-day, we didn't get to plan anything super romantic. But my wonderful hubby surprised me with this gift that was waiting on the table for me when I got home. The chocolates are the same that he gave me when we got engaged and are soooo good!

1 comments:

Neave 8:57 AM  

That is really exciting. We're gonna have to plan a trip to Iowa for some yummy gelato. Way to go with Valentine's day too Mike.

-Matthew

PS- If you want some good live music at your coffee shop, my brother's band, Cedarwell, is just a state away.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP