It's Only The Beginning..... (of 2008!)
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Why is it that when there's nothing really to write in my blog I have plenty of time to sit down and write, but when I have much to share, I have no time at all? I guess that makes sense that it would work out that way.
Anyway, I'm thawed out just enough to share a few things that have been going on for us lately (man it is COLD out there!)
So one of the major things I missed over this last month was the wonderful publicity Capanna got around caucus time. I love living in Iowa during caucus time. Most of the year, we are totally ignored. Mike and always laugh when we watch the Today show because they will do national weather and Iowa could just be getting slammed with a major storm, but they will only mention Omaha or Chicago. But at caucus time we are just swarmed with media and all eyes are on us. Mike got the opportunity to host a couple of political candidates at Capanna. The most notable is that we have had Bill Clinton stop in a couple times while he was in Iowa City campaigning for Hilary. He even mentioned that Capanna was one of his favorite places to go in Iowa City! Then, right before the caucus we hosted John Edwards and Chris Dodd. Mike got to meet both of them, and man was it packed! The Edwards visit was all over the national news, so we had mentions of us in newspapers all over the country! Sweet!


Right before that though, we had a really exciting addition to the family. Welcome Teagan Kennedy Sowers!!! Our beautiful niece was born on January 1, 2008 at about 10:30 pm. She really is a beautiful baby girl. She's the first grandchild in the Kennedy family, as well as the first great grandchild of the Woehl family. No doubt she will be "spoiled" with love!!Her parents are doing a good job, despite the lack of sleep!


I have been very busy at work as we had our 3rd dietitian go on maternity leave at the beginning of the month (something in the water at UIHC?). Fortunately the first two will be returning soon. I am covering mostly in our outpatient clinic, which I love. I have also been able to teach the Diabetes Self-Management class, which is fun, but very tiring!
Mike, of course, is as busy as ever! He has been really working hard on developing some wholesale accounts for Capanna. Mike is a wonderful salesman, mostly because he is so genuninely passionate about our coffee and gelato. It's hard to avoid "catching" his enthusiasm. We continue to trust God with the business and pray that it's all to His glory. Not always easy, but always good.
There's more, but it's late, and I'm tired! It will have to wait until later!
0 comments:
Post a Comment