September News

Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm happy to report that I have continued with my couch to 5k training program. I completed week 6 today, which means I am able to run 25 minutes without stopping! I have never run that long in my life, even when I was in better shape in high school. I am definitely starting to understand why runners love it so much. I'm not completely in love with running yet, but I do love the feeling I get after accomplishing each day in my training program. I am definitely planning to sign up for more races next spring/summer because I think that is the biggest thing that has helped me to stick with it this long.

In other news- Mike and I are gearing up for another exciting adventure. On Friday we leave for a belated 5 year anniversary trip to Spain!! We are so excited! (or should I say Estamos tan entusiasmado!) We were able to cash in some flight miles and we plan to be gone for about 10 days. This is way longer than we have been away from the store, so Mike is working extra hard this week to make sure everything is in place to run smoothly in his absence. Fortunately, we now have a great managment team in place, so the store should be in good hands! We will fly into Madrid, then spend some time in Segovia before heading down to Malaga to use as a basepoint for exploring southern Spain. I am very much looking forward to this trip and Mike is very much looking forward to taking me on this trip. He has been three times before, and this has been the one place Mike has really wanted to take me since we met. We did decide to take Mike's laptop, so we'll plan to give some updates along the way, probably mostly on Facebook.

1 comments:

Neave 7:19 AM  

Way to go, Alicia! Makes me want to sign up for a race!
Espero que Uds. tengan un tiempo maravilloso en Espana!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP