Overdue for an update....Again!
Sunday, September 11, 2011
If you look at my average number of posts since I started this blog, it's easy to see the trend of slowly losing steam at writing. I thought I would update more once Hudson was born, because I'd have more to talk about. The problem is, I have more to say, but less time to say it- Ha!
Anyway, I'm determined to revive this blog a little bit. I should probably set a goal and write it down, making me more likely to stick to it. So we'll say I'll aim for at least 1 post per month for now- sound good? I hope so! Anyway, here's a little about what's been going on in our world lately.
Hudson Update
Our little boy is growing fast! 8 1/2 months already. It's been so fun to watch each new stage, and to see his little personality start to emerge. One thing about Hudson- he is a happy boy! Mike and I think he's probably going to be more outgoing and social, as he really seems to thrive when there are lots of people around. He's always flashing smiles at people, and every time we leave him in the nursery at church, we are told what a happy boy he is! He is pretty laid back as well. He does get upset at times, but is pretty easy to comfort.
He is so close to crawling, and even though I know it's a whole new world once that happens, I'm ready for him to take off. Right now he rocks on his knees a ton, and he scoots himself backwards, which ends up just frustrating him.
We go to the doctor in a couple weeks for his 9 month visit, but so far he's stayed around 30th percentile for weight and 90th percentile for height. The doctor says he's "long and lean." I'm not sure where he gets his height from, maybe Uncle Chris and Aunt Nicole?
Hudson is a pretty good eater. He doesn't always eat a lot, but he enjoys most foods we give him, and we have given him some more unusual foods. A couple things that surprised me the most that he enjoyed was curried salmon cakes and pickles! He picked up the pincer grasp about a month ago, so he does really well feeding himself. The only things I spoon feed him is yogurt (which he LOVES) and oatmeal. It's fun being able to just pull him up to the table and have him eat with us.
Capanna
Mike stays busy as always with Capanna. Our new store in North Liberty got off to a really solid start, so that's encouraging. We always have things to tweak and improve on, but it's nice that things are going pretty smoothly. Unfortunately this summer, a lot of the Friday night concerts downtown outside the store got rained out, but with the heat this summer, gelato has been a big hit.
Other News
In August we were able to go on vacation again with my family to Galena, IL. This year was a little more crazy with 5 grandkids age 3 1/2 and under, but a lot of fun. It was really good to be able to get away and relax. After you have kids, sleeping in on vacation isn't so much an option, but naps are! We got family pictures taken while there, so I'm excited to see how those turned out.
I'm really enjoying working part-time. I'm still amazed when I think how God worked to set things up so perfectly to allow me to work part-time. There's no way I could have seen what He was doing, or planned it that way myself. My new position is in the dialysis area, so I work with the same set of patients month after month. I have enjoyed getting to know some of them better, and it's especially exciting when one of my patients gets a kidney transplant. The downside is that I'm more attached to the patients, so when someone isn't doing so well, or gets too sick and decides to withdraw, it's really hard.
After the hot summer, the cooler weather has been amazing. Hudson really likes to be outside. Last weekend we went out to Squire Point to hike the trails and Hudson enjoyed riding on my back in our Beco carrier. He was just laughing and bouncing himself up and down. We're looking forward to heading out to Wilson's Orchard for some apple picking and maybe visiting a pumpkin farm or two this fall.
Ok, I think that's enough for an update now. Look for another one within the next month. I'll really try to stick to my goal!!
1 comments:
Hey! I'm glad you found my blog! So fun to have another bloggy friend out there with whom I have a lot in common! And too funny- those two things are exactly the only things we spoonfeed to Burkley- yogurt and oatmeal! Glad to have a new blog to read! :)
Post a Comment