National Nutrition Month Fair

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

March is National Nutrition Month, so for one of our special projects for the internship, six of us had to plan a health/nutrition fair at the hospital. We had our fair yesterday and it was a lot of fun. We focused on the new MyPyramid groups and then one booth on food safety. We had a good amount of people turn out. They had to answer questions on their raffle ticket as they visited all the booths and then they could turn them in for a chance to win a prize. I think our group did a really good job of getting prizes donated- we got Panera to give a certificate for free bread for a year, and we got a really nice bike helmet worth $100, plus lots of other great prizes. I wish I could have entered!! Anyway, I thought you all might like to see some pictures from this event. The first is the whole group of interns. The next one is Lisa, Mackenzie, and me standing by my Home Food Safety booth. And the last one is Elise, Katy, Missy, Mackenzie, and me taking our leftover fruit and veggie balloons up to the kids on the Pediatrics floors- that was a lot of fun!!


1 comments:

Neave 8:08 AM  

Cool fair! I like seeing pictures of you! Those are pretty nice shirts you guys have. Sorry we've been laggin' on the blog... we'll update ours soon!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP