Capanna Update and Other News
Sunday, May 21, 2006
I figured it is probably time for another update on Capanna Coffee. Construction is moving along steadily on the downtown location. Just yesterday Mike put up his first signs in the windows, letting the public know what was coming and also that he is hiring. There's probably still a few weeks left and our patience has definitely been tested, but it is good to know that God is in control and that he knows the best timing. On Friday, Capanna had its first "press release". There was an article in the Press-Citizen about the redesign of the Ped Mall and how Capanna and New York Deli are a part of that. Unfortunately they spelled the name wrong, as well as incorrectly calling it a franchise :( But at least the name is out there. I'm sure we can expect many more articles written in the future and we'll be sure they get the facts straight then!
Here are a few pictures from downtown:

In other news, I had an interview for a part-time job on Friday and I now have a job officially lined up for this summer and the next school year. I'll be working as a graduate assistant in the GCRC (General Clinical Research Center) at the hospital. I'll be working with the nutrition aspect of many of the clinical research projects going on- designing diets, checking people's measurements, doing questionnaires, etc. I think it's going to be a really great experience for me, and hopefully it will lead to a more permanent position when I'm done with my master's degree.
0 comments:
Post a Comment