You've Got to Be Kidding Me!
Monday, December 18, 2006
I subscribe to lots of random email newsletters, most of which I rarely read. I was about to delete one today from the Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood (who works to get rid of school vending among other things), but decided to read through it first and came across this:
In Left Behind: Eternal Forces, a new videogame in stores this holiday season, players are rewarded for killing or converting non-Christians.
What?!??
So I did a quick google search and found this article.
This has to be one of the most ridiculous and disgusting things I have ever heard of.
Here's some quotes from the article:
This game immerses children in present-day New York City -- 500 square blocks, stretching from Wall Street to Chinatown, Greenwich Village, the United Nations headquarters, and Harlem. The game rewards children for how effectively they role play the killing of those who resist becoming a born again Christian. The game also offers players the opportunity to switch sides and fight for the army of the AntiChrist, releasing cloven-hoofed demons who feast on conservative Christians and their panicked proselytes (who taste a lot like Christian).
it is based on a series of books that have already set sales records - the blockbuster Left Behind series of 14 novels by writer Jerry B. Jenkins and his visionary collaborator, retired Southern Baptist minister Tim LaHaye. "We hope teenagers like the game," Mr. LaHaye told the Los Angeles Times. "Our real goal is to have no one left behind."
So if we don't want people to be left behind we decide to kill them??? Unless I really missed something while reading my bible, I'm pretty sure this is not something God would condone. I recall something about "You shall not kill" and "Love your neighbor as yourself". Seriously- have we reverted to the days of the Crusades or something?
Absolutely insane. It scares me that some of our nations most well-known Christians can have so little between the ears.
Update: After some more searching, I found out that this game will be discussed tonight on Fox News' Hannity and Colmes. So if anyone with cable would be able to tape that for me I'd appreciate it!!
3 comments:
Dude, that is seriously messed up! I can't believe no one is saying anything. I wish we had cable, because I'd love to hear what the media is gonna say about this one.
They had an article about this game on SlashDot and Josh and I were both appauled and had to google it too to make sure they were not just pulling a December Fool's Joke on us. Does anyone we know have cable to tape this?
Holy Moly...that is crazy
Post a Comment