Another One Bites the Dust!
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
A few weeks after we caught Mr. (or Mrs.?) Mouse in the kitchen, Mike and I began to hear scratching in our bedroom that sounded like it was coming from the walls. Great-another mouse! It took us a good 4 or 5 months to catch the first one, so I wasn't really happy about the thought of another one roaming around. Mostly because if there are two mice, chances are pretty high that those two got together and made more mice. Unless, of course, we were lucky enough to have a homesexual mouse couple living with us, but I doubted that was the case.
So I came home today and noticed a kind of funky smell. I thought it might be the garbage, but when I went to put my coat away I could tell it was coming from inside the closet and not the garbage. I had a strange sense of excitement and dread as I considered the possibility that we'd caught the closet mouse. Our coat closet goes under the stairs in a split level type of home, so it's very deep. It also never had a light installed, so it's very dark, and very creepy. I brought over a lamp so I can actually see inside and so Mike comes over to look and before I can look he says "Yep, we got it." Yuck. The one we caught this time was much larger in size and also a darker color. As my dad said- we support ethnic diversity of mice in our home!! :) I'm actually hoping that even though we probably weren't lucky enough to have two boy mice or two female mice, they might have been different species, and so may not have gotten busy making more little critters. Either way I'm glad it's dead.
The closet still smells though. Bummer.
2 comments:
Bummer on the closet still smelly. But yeah that the mouse is caught!!
You sure it wasn't a lemming like the one we found online that looked like the creature we had in our yard this Fall? Stranger things have happened!! Thank goodness ours was outside. I've always heard that crumpled up newspapers get rid of smells in microwaves, maybe that will work in your closet.
Madre
Post a Comment