One Week Down....

Thursday, April 19, 2007

I'm through with my first week of the new job! I will say, this week has gone much better than I expected--especially after the fiasco of last week. I'm really enjoying my new position. It's kind of funny, because none of the other dietitians I work with want to cover this area, but I like it! It's definitely different than seeing inpatients, but I enjoy having time to spend educating and counseling and really working with the patients one-on-one to achieve whatever nutrition goals they have. So far I have seen mostly obese patients for weight loss and diabetic patients. Today I got to see a kid for weight management. That was interesting since I've never done any child weight management counseling. But overall it's been a very smooth week. Another plus- I'll be getting business cards printed up with my new office number and phone number on them. I've never had a business card before!

My week is ending earlier then normal because this weekend my lovely sister Nicole is getting married! We are excited to see her walk down the aisle on Saturday and to be able to get to spend time with our family. Be ready for a great picture post sometime next week!

In Capanna news- we are now supplying coffee to The Old Opera House Cafe in Nevada, IA and also to the 1st Avenue Hy-Vee grocery store in Iowa City. Hy-Vee is using our coffee to brew and sell at the store, for their catering, and they are also selling the 3/4 pound coffee bags! It's been an exciting last month, but we are busier than ever! Pray that there are no catastrophes with either of the stores while we are out of town this weekend- it's kind of like we are leaving our baby for the first time. It's a little nerve wracking!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  10:22 AM  

Yay for business cards, Nicole getting married, and Capanna selling coffee! Know that I'm celebrating these things with you! Can't wait to hear about the wedding...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP