The Beauty of Fall
Monday, October 22, 2007
Among the many things that I love about fall is the fact that the temperature is perfect for exercising outside. I'm not totally opposed to exercising, but outside in the summer? Forget about it!! The thought of how disgustingly sweaty I'll become is enough to make me stay inside in the nice cool AC. But in the fall, it's cool and it's not so humid, so I'm less likely to sweat, and if I do sweat, it evaporates quickly and I don't have to feel so gross. Plus, the scenery in the fall is much more interesting. Mike and I decide to go enjoy the scenery and get some exercise on Sunday by going to Lake MacBride, which is about a 10 minute drive from our house. They have great trails there. We got in a nice 1 1/2 hour hike and really enjoyed the fall colors. Although it seems to be a little behind this year, because it didn't to seem to be quite at peak yet. We did get to see some pretty cool scenery. Enjoy the pictures! P.S. Yes- that's a snake. We saw four of them that day- this one was the biggest, probably about 20 inches long.
4 comments:
What a great hike! We were going to go there on Sunday and do some letterboxing but ended up sidetracked.
Max is going crazy for your snake picture, I printed it out for him! I know what we will be doing in the next few days for sure!
For some reason my dad always says, after a good frost the leaves change their brighter colors. After that point we love to go to Palisades Park, over by Savanah(sp) IL and the Mississippi and go hiking there. If you guys have a day this fall you would love it! (If you have never been. If you have been, I am sure you know how great it is!)
Have a great day!
Yeah for the pictures!! I think the second one is my favorite. Jonathan and I took Jack to Squire Point Saturday morning. It was a wonderful time and the weather was perfect.
Dana- That's great that Max is loving the snake picture. I actually don't mind them too much, I touched this one before it wriggled away! Thanks for the tip on Palisades Park, we'll have to check it out.
Sarah- where's Squire Point? All these new places to check out!
Squire Point is off Dubuque Street near North Liberty. It's really close to your house. If you go toward Grace Church, pass it up, SP is on the left. The road isn't too noticable, but it's there.
Post a Comment