Four Years of Wedded Bliss
Friday, June 06, 2008
Mike and I celebrated our 4th (!!) anniversary on Wednesday this week. I think that probably every year it's going to be this mix of feelings "Has it really been that long?" and "It feels like it's been forever!" (both meant in a good way! :) ) This year we didn't get to do anything super exciting, since we were right in the middle of preparations for Arts Fest this weekend, but we were able to take some time for a "dinner and a movie" date. We had a wonderful Mexican meal of enchiladas (our favorite) and then came home to watch National Treasure 2 while snuggling on the couch. Nothing fancy, but thoroughly enjoyable nonetheless.
We did have some pre-anniversary reminiscing this weekend when we decided to watch some Rick Steves' travel videos on Sunday. Since we've been married, Mike and I have had a Saturday morning tradition of getting up to watch Rick Steves on PBS. We get to travel around the world just sitting on our couch eating pancakes! This year for Christmas Mike's mom got us the whole set of videos from seasons 2000-2007. And on one of the videos is the very place we stayed in Italy while on our honeymoon- Varenna! It also includes a tour of Milan, where we took a day trip to, so it brings us back to that first week as a married couple. Here's some of my favorite pictures from the honeymoon- we definitely plan to go back someday!!
View of Lucerne, Switzerland from atop the old city wall
Beautiful Swiss Alps
View from our room in Varenna
"Street" in Varenna"
View of Varenna from the boat
Eating breakfast at our hotel in Varenna with a view of the castle and Lake ComoAnd from the wedding- I love this picture. It's a shot of Mike and I seeing each other for the first time on our wedding day :)

3 comments:
Very cute! Happy Anniversary! :)
~L
Happy Anniversary! Yeah for 4 years running.
Happy (late) Anniversary! What fun! (Plus, Josh and I totally did the same thing with Rick Steves on Saturday mornings... pancakes and all!)
Post a Comment