A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words

Saturday, January 03, 2009

and since it's been way too long since I've posted, rather than write out a lengthy update, I thought I'd give you an overview of the last few months for the McCain's in pictures.
In September, I sang in a wedding for a good friend of my sister's. Overall, it went well and I had a great time at the reception hanging out with Teagan :)
Mike and I did a lot of hiking this fall at our favorite spots. We took a camera out every week to track the changes, but I think the leaves changed very quickly, since most of the pictures are green and then the last week they are yellow.


In November, we got to take a quick trip to Chicago to go see one of our favorite bands, Relient K. I got a great deal for a nice hotel downtown on Priceline- this is a picture of our room. We had a great time hanging out in the city and then the concert was lots of fun, even if we were some of the oldest in the crowd. In our defense, we are no younger than the band members themselves! We also spent lots of time scouting out locations for a Capanna in Chicago someday- big dreams :)



Also in November, Capanna Coffee and Gelato number 3 opened up in Ames, IA. Our partners Dave and Pam own and run this store, and so far it has gotten off to a great start.





We had a great Christmas at home and got to celebrate with both Mike's family and my family. It was fun getting to see all of our family and eating lots of delicious food while we celebrated the birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.


My niece, Teagan, turned one on January 1st and I got the pleasure of making the cakes for the big celebration. I was nervous about how they would turn out, but I think it's safe to say...

It was very much enjoyed!! :)











4 comments:

Neave 11:01 AM  

Yay! Thanks for the photo update! Congrats on store number 3! matthew is wondering if maybe we're going to start number 4?! =) Teagan is a cutie, by the way. happy new year you two!
-pam

Sarah 12:45 PM  

That last picture of Teagan is way cute. I like that she looks like she's got shifty eyes. Really cute.

The McCains 1:28 PM  

Pam- Mike says to tell Matt that everything's open to discussion :)

Unknown 8:48 AM  

way to go on the cakes!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP