Oops, Sorry Honey!!!

Thursday, September 04, 2008

I thought you all would appreciate this funny story......
So, Tuesday night Mike had to go into work to train one of the employees how to close the store at Oakdale. Since we don't close at Oakdale until 10 pm, I knew that I'd be going to bed on my own. So right around 10, I put on my pj's, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and locked the door before heading to bed. I fell asleep pretty quickly, and did not wake up at all until a little after 5 in the morning. As soon as I woke up, I realized something was wrong. I was still in bed by myself and I couldn't remember Mike waking me up when he got home (which he usually does).
For a few seconds I tried to reason through, thinking he must have just fallen asleep out on the couch, since he's been doing that lately. I still couldn't shake the feeling though, so I got out of bed, expecting just to open the door and see Mike fast asleep on the couch. But, as I opened the door, I realized my instinct had been right, he was not there. Immediately, my stomach just dropped and my mind started racing. I invisioned all kinds of horrible situations to explain the absence of my sweet husband. Scrambling, I searched for my cell phone and realized I'd missed several calls. I was just sure he'd been in an accident, and was stranded in his car, unable to move, and he'd tried to call me so I could come find him and bring the fire department to pry him out with the jaws of life.
Mike answered after only two rings. "Where are you, I asked" as my heart was racing. And Mike replied, "in the parking lot out back." Since I was still partially asleep, my brain was slow in processing this information. "What?!?" And Mike replied "you locked me out." Again, "What?!? I locked you out?" "Yeah.....you turned the deadbolt." And then it hit me. Oh, did I feel terrible. In absentmindedness, I had turned the deadbolt when I locked the door. We don't have a key to unlock that one from the outside. Mike had been locked out of the house ALL night. He'd tried banging on the door, and called my phone about a dozen times. He told me initially he had gone back to Capanna to try to sleep on the couch, but then thought that maybe I would wake up in the middle of the night and realize what had happened, so he decided to come home in case that happened so he could quickly come inside. Unfortunately, that didn't happen until after 5am, so he got to sleep outside in his car. Did I tell you, i felt REALLY bad.
Fortunately, Mike was gracious, and just came straight inside to fall into bed, not being even remotely upset. I asked him why he didn't bang on the window, but he said there was no way he would have done that, because he knows how much he would have scared me. He didn't think to ring the door bell though! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous,  10:24 AM  

Oh my goodness! That is quite the story! Whenever Jason is still gone while I go to bed, I usually try to keep my phone by me... just in case! ;)
~L

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP