Yikes!!
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
We have a new "friend" at the McCain household....
Last Wednesday, Mike's friend Ward was here because he's moving to Iowa City to work at Capanna and he is looking for an apartment. So it was late and we were all tired. I went to get some groceries so we would have some food for breakfast, and while I was gone, Ward discovered our new "friend".....the mouse!! I thought the guys were just trying to fool me and make me scared, but Mike swore he was serious.
Well, we've been so busy getting everything ready for Capanna to open, that we haven't taken the time to get any traps. Plus, our adopted cat Jackson has been visiting us a lot lately, so we figured he was as good of protection against mice as anything. So far our "friend" had not made himself known since Wednesday. And yesterday, Jackson was eating a mouse right outside our door, so I was hopeful that this was our "friend". But alas, it was not to be so. Just a few minutes ago I saw the little guy dart out from under the fridge and race under the stove. Yikes!!! I think my heart seriously skipped a beat. Anyways, I'm off to Wal-Mart to get some traps for our new, and hopefully soon to be old, "friend" :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment