Buying Crack from Your Grandma
Friday, October 20, 2006
As many of you know, one of my jobs is to make the scotcheroos to sell at Capanna. I use a classic recipe, nothing fancy at all. Just pure sugary goodness. So it's always funny to me when people say how good they are, because if they knew how easy it was to make them, they wouldn't be paying $1.89 for them at the store! SHHH- don't tell anyone! :)
Anyway, one of the girls that works at Capanna told me that a guy came in the other day and bought one. Once he ate it he was just going on and on about how amazing they are. So of course they told him that they were homemade and that the owner's wife makes them. So the guy turns to Mike and asks him how he is it that he is not 500 pounds because he would be eating them all the time if his wife made them. At that point they told him that I was a dietitian- I'm assuming this was an explanation as to why Mike is not morbidly obese. The guy's response was hilarious--"What?!!??" he exclaimed, "That's like buying crack from your grandma!!"
Yes, I guess in some aspects, buying scotcheroos from a dietitian is a little bit like buying crack from your grandma ;)
3 comments:
Funny stuff.
Next time we get together I was thinking we could have a big cookie baking extravaganza or something at my house. Unless it is nice outside, in which case actual exercise would probably be more beneficial.
-A
dude, that one made me smile!
~L
That was great. Made me laugh. Think of what his reaction would have been if Mike would have told him the truth. They actually are laced with crack... that's what makes them so delish! ;-) ha.
Post a Comment