The Long Awaited Bouquet

Monday, October 23, 2006

These beautiful flowers are a gift from my mom for passing the RD exam. It's kind of a funny story about these flowers. I debated writing it on my blog, because I don't want to make my mom feel bad. But, I think it's too funny of a story. So, Mom, please know that I harbor no bad feelings towards you!!! I am very thankful for these flowers!

Ok, here's the story- I passed my RD exam a few weeks ago. I called my mom and got the congratulations from her, that was that. Well, my sister passed her nursing boards a week after I passed the RD exam. She didn't find out immediately, so I called her a couple of days later figuring she might have heard. She had heard, and she also passed!! She was really excited and was telling me about how Brandon, her fiancee, had bought her flowers and how Ron and Dee, our friends that she is currently living with, had put up signs congratulating her on becoming a RN. Then, she said, "and Mom sent me a big bouquet of flowers too!" What??!? Mom sent you flowers? I didn't get any flowers! Nicole thought that was pretty funny. She claimed to be the favorite daughter.

Well, I knew I couldn't let it slide, I'd have to give my mom a hard time about it. So I called her later that night to rub it in. As soon as she answered she said "I'm sorry!" Nicole had already told her of her blunder. I just had to laugh because the whole situation really was funny. My mom felt really bad about it though, and promised to buy me flowers.

So Saturday I was in Newton and when I got there, on the counter were these beautiful flowers waiting for me. She did a great job of picking them out, keeping in mind my affinity for all things natural. The vase looks like natural wood, but I'm pretty sure it's ceramic. It's very pretty!

Again, Mom, thank you soooo much for the flowers!! I love them and they are beautiful- I don't even care that you forgot me! :)

5 comments:

Unknown 8:32 AM  

Oh man! Once my parents forgot one of my siblings at church! :) Sometimes we tease them that they are adopted! :) Those flowers are beautiful!

Anonymous,  7:31 AM  

Hi Alicia! I just found your blog! I wanted to say "hi!" and hope you are having a great day! A belated congrats from us as well!

Anonymous,  8:02 PM  

Thank you,for letting the whole world know!! I can't wait until you have children and the day you forget one of them!! I guarantee it will happen and I will be there to remind you!! :)
Love ya! Mom

The McCains 6:49 AM  

Yes Mom, I'm sure you will! I think becoming a grandma is probably the sweetest revenge. :)

Unknown 12:58 PM  

hi alicia, i just found your blog! this is so funny! i think you made out on the deal because these are some gorgeous flowers! I love that vase too!!!! Congratulations by the way! Oh and next time I am in the state, I will have to check out your husband's shop, it sounds fantastic! Take Care! Ciao, Melanie

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP