Time for an Update!
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
It's been awhile since I've written an update and some exciting things have happened.
First of all, I took my RD exam this morning......and I PASSED!!!!!! So, I'm officially a Registered Dietitian. Alicia McCain, RD. :) I'm pretty excited.
Capanna is going well. Things have continued to stay busy. The cool weather has brought an increase in coffee sales so that's good. We had our grand opening and ribbon cutting ceremony last Tuesday. I got to help Mike cut the ribbon! There were a lot of people there so overall it was a good day. The plans for the second store are moving along as well. We're still thinking an opening date sometime in December, so things are probably going to get even crazier around here. Actually, as crazy as things have been, I'm so glad that we did this. Even though Mike and I don't get to spend time together in the same way, we still get to have time together and in some ways it better because we value the time we spend together more. It's taught me a lot about what it means to be a team. We are working together to see this dream come together and it's really fulfilling.
In other news, Mike hit a deer on Saturday. It was bound to happen sooner or later since the road we drive into Iowa City is dark and winding and there's always lots of deer. He hit the deer on it's backside so the damage to the car isn't terrible. It busted out the light and that's about it. Unfortunately, the deer probably didn't fair as well.
And continuing the theme of accidents, I injured my big toe on Friday night. I was getting out the ingredients to make Scotcheroos for the store and a 3 pound jar of peanut butter fell on my foot. It sounds pretty ridiculous, but it hurt so bad. I was definitely crying. And my whole big toe is bruised pretty bad :(
Well, I think that's about it for now. I'll try to keep this updated more regularly! :)
2 comments:
I'm so glad you passed your exam! That's way exciting. Are you going to start introducing yourself as Alicia McCain, RD? I think you should. :)
Congrats on passing your exam!!!
~L
Post a Comment