Dreaming of Fall

Tuesday, August 29, 2006


So the weather here has been relatively cool lately. We've seen some cloudy/rainy days and the breeze coming through the open windows has a crispness to it. While there are some that would prefer the sun and the heat to stay around longer, I am happily welcoming this little "fall preview." Mike and I were just discussing yesterday about how great the weather is, but we have to be careful not to get to excited for fall yet as we know there's bound to still be a few summer days left before it really kicks in (Probably within the next few days).
But really, I think it's already too late for me. I love the fall, it's my absolute favorite time of the year. The weather in the high 50's to low 60's is perfect for comfy jeans and a sweatshirt. Just thinking about it makes me want to spend my Saturdays raking leaves, picking apples,watching football, and cooking hearty soups all day long on the stove. I've already started scoping out new fall inspired recipes to try out this year. Mmmmm, I love fall!!!


PS- The picture is from one of my favorite fall spots- Boston Public Garden. Nothing beats New England in the fall!

5 comments:

Anonymous,  5:19 AM  

I love that picture... I didn't think it was real though. I think I am beginning to enjoy fall... but I really don't like winter- so I have to not think ahead! :)
~L

Sarah 9:23 AM  

I love, love, LOVE fall weather. I agree, this is my favorite time of the year. There's something so refreshing about the fall. Plus I'm a big fan of jeans, sweaters and scarfs. :)

Anonymous,  11:53 AM  

I too, am a huge fan of fall. It's my favorite! I'm excited it's coming! And I'm hoping someday to make it to New England to view the fall colors. More locally, I've heard it's gorgeous to drive along the Mississippi River (north into Minn/Wis) when the fall colors are on display. :)

--Lindsy

The McCains 6:34 PM  

Glad to know others share my love of fall!
Lindsy- I've heard that drive is really pretty. I'll have to check it out sometime.

I'm getting so anxious for fall to start!! I think I'll probably pull out some of my fall decorations this weekend :)

Neave 1:28 PM  

hey alicia,
I don't know if you're still checking comments on this post, but I have been wanting to say that I was totally thinking all those same thoughts like the day you posted! Matt was reading it going, didn't you say that yesterday??? Ha! This time of year makes me miss you so bad!! I wish you were here to go apple picking and carve pumpkins with me!!!
P

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP